1. From 1st July 2013, the Construction Products Regulation (CPR) came fully into force. This means that it will be mandatory for products covered by a harmonised European standard (hEN) to have CE marking. For help finding out whether your products are covered by a hEN, please use our CE marking enquiry form
2. CE marking for products not covered, or not fully covered, by a hEN will be voluntary and available via the European Technical Assessment (ETA) route.
3. Requirements relating to CE marking can be found in the hEN’s Annex ZA or the European Technical Assessment (ETA).
4. Under the CPR, the whole supply and distribution chain must take responsibility, which means that not only manufacturers but their importers and distributors need to be aware of any essential characteristics or specific requirements of member states.
5. Organisations, like the BBA, need to be notified to carry out work relating to CE marking.
6. Insurance may become invalid if non CE products are used.